Swiss cannons overlook the waterfront of Edenton Bay in Edenton, North Carolina. The cannon were brought from France for use in defending North Carolina during the Revolutionary War. The house in the background on the left is the Barker-Moore House, originally constructed in 1782 at a point farther up the street. It was moved to the waterfront in 1952 and now serves as a visitor center.
This image file is protected by United States copyright laws, with all rights reserved. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.
All photographs and text on this site are protected under United States and international copyright laws, with all rights reserved. Any form of unauthorized reproduction, including downloading, saving, printing or manipulating these images in any manner is a direct violation of these copyright laws.